Advantages of Using Wallpaper
When you’ve made the decision to decorate, one of the first things you will start thinking about is whether to paint your walls or apply wallpaper.
You may have new soft furnishings, furniture and flooring and having the right backdrop will set the scene, completing interiors. If your opting to just redecorate rather than a totally transform your space, using wallpaper has the ability to instantly change the mood and style of a room.
A room that feels too big can instantly feel warmer and cosier by hanging dark, luxurious wallpaper or if you have a small room, which you need to make feel bigger and lighter a neutral or metallic wallpaper will brighten a space and add interest.
The perception of installing wallpaper is that it’s very difficult. However, with new innovations this is no longer the case. Unlike traditional wallpapers printed onto paper, 1838 Wallcoverings are printed onto a non woven base which means it’s a paste the wall application, enabling the wallpaper to be hung and stripped with ease. This revolutionary innovation, makes decorating simple and takes a lot less time!
View Design >> BROUGHTON GREY £65.00 per roll
Here are just a few advantages of using wallpaper…
- Wallpaper is durable, and can last over 15 years making it very cost effective.
- When wallpaper has been hung properly it can last three times longer than paint.
- If you have imperfect walls, high quality wallpaper can hide surface imperfections.
- Paint comes in a huge range of colours, however there is a limited spectrum of finishes, either matte or gloss. Wallpaper comes in a variety of designs with a large selection of textures and effects. Beads, flock, metallic, emboss and other textures.
- Wallpaper isn’t messy to apply, and there is no risk of splatters to any of your furniture or flooring.
- If you have children or pets most wallpapers are wipe clean or washable, if any marks appear on walls.
Paint is a brilliant option for adding a burst of colour to your interiors but it really can’t beat the impact of a statement wallpaper. With a wide range of designs, colours and textures available, wallpaper reflects a person’s personality and style. Great for making your home unique and personal.” Says James Watson, Co-founder 1838 wallcoverings.