At 1838 Wallcoverings sustainability and environmental responsibility are at the heart of everything we do.
As a responsible, caring, family-owned manufacturer, we are committed to constantly improving production and sourcing processes at our Lancashire factory.
Our wallpapers do not only LOOK GREAT, they allow customers to FEEL GREAT about their choice!
• We use only water-based, non-toxic inks in the printing of our wallpapers, which are environmentally safe and free from VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds).
• Designs are printed on responsibly sourced, non woven bases.
• Our non woven bases include a large percentage of wood pulp, a natural fibre.
• All the wood pulp used comes from FSC® certified forests. The Forest Stewardship Council ensures products come from responsibly managed forests and helps to care for forests and the people and wildlife who live there, so they will continue for future generations.
• At 1838 we are not only FSC certified, but we are also part of the FSC Chain of Custody. Being part of this chain is especially important and shows how much we care. We comply with all relevant FSC requirements and are proud to carry the FSC logo on our labels.
• Recycled bottles are the source for most of the polyester in the non woven bases.
• A high percentage of the base is also biodegradable.
• When it comes to packaging, both our cardboard and shrink film are recyclable.
• We are extremely proud to be a 0% to landfill manufacturer.
• Any waste created during production is sent away and recycled to make energy.
• We have a high-tech water treatment facility to ensure that any dirty water is fully filtered and clean when discharged into the sewers. Regular testing maintains the high standard
• Our wallcoverings are made to last. We use the highest quality raw materials to ensure our wallpaper will continue to look fabulous on the wall for years.
• We pride ourselves on the strictest quality checks.
• All 1838 wallpapers have a fire certification pass rating of B-s1-d0 according to the Construction Products Regulation, which allows them to be hung anywhere in a commercial building. We can provide fire certificates on request. The Declaration of Performance (DoP) and CE markings on our labels confirm compliance with European standards.
• All our wallpapers achieve the highest air quality result, which is VOC Emissions Class Label of A+, based on the French regulations décret DEVL1101903D & arrêté DEVL1104875A.
• We work only with responsible, accredited suppliers who share our values.